The UT Libraries now subscribes to Mango Languages, which offers online language learning through conversations and films. Language courses are accessible from a web browser or an app.
Mango Languages features:
- Over 60 foreign language courses featuring native speakers
- Over 17 English courses for non-English speakers, targeting essential and necessary dialog
- Cultural specialty courses such as medical Spanish, Arab etiquette, and Chinese (Mandarin) business vocabulary
- Free mobile apps for self-paced lessons, anytime-anywhere
UT users can link to Mango through the Libraries’ Articles & Databases link (see Modern Foreign Languages & Literatures).
First-time users must create a user profile to use Mango. Choose “sign up” and then choose a language to get to the profile set-up area. A user profile allows you to keep track of your progress and test results.
For more information, contact Allison Sharp, the librarian for Modern Foreign Languages and Literatures as well as the Center for International Education (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Graduate Commons Officially Open
The long-awaited space just for graduate students in Hodges Library is now officially open to all graduate students.
Recent NewsMore News
- Open Textbook/Open Educational Resources Grant Program: Call for Proposals
- Holly Mercer Elected to HathiTrust Board
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Scheduled Maintenance- Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Historical UT Agricultural Publications Now Available as Digital Collections
- Library Hosts STEM Event for K-12 Teachers
- “Science in Motion”: Librarians to Host Film Screening and Photo Preservation Events
- UT Libraries Surpasses $20 Million Campaign Goal
- Graduate Commons offers quiet or group study—and a sense of community
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Lunch and Learn: Difficult Conversations on Supporting First-generation StudentsOct. 23 @ 12pmJohn C Hodges Library - 605
Foreign & Independent Film: SolarisNov. 5 @ 7pmJohn C Hodges Library - Lindsay Young Auditorium, 101
Make BreakNov. 14 @ 1pmPendergrass Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine Library - Makerspace