The UT Libraries is adopting Mango as the online language learning tool for campus users. Mango Languages (mangolanguages.com) is an interactive learning tool that allows users to learn at their leisure. Mango teaches the basics of conversation in more than 70 languages.
The Libraries’ subscription to Rosetta Stone will expire on Friday, May 10.
Last year, during a trial subscription to the Mango database, the Libraries gathered feedback from users of the online language courses. Users expressed a preference for the Mango platform.
Mango Languages will soon be available through the Libraries’ Articles & Databases link (see Modern Foreign Languages & Literatures). Watch for an announcement.
For a brief period, neither language learning platform will be available. During the switchover, language learners may visit Transparent Language Online, a database made available through the Tennessee Electronic Library. Click SIGN UP to create a new account.
For more information, contact Allison Sharp, the librarian for Modern Foreign Languages and Literatures as well as the Center for International Education (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Graduate Commons Officially Open
The long-awaited space just for graduate students in Hodges Library is now officially open to all graduate students.
Recent NewsMore News
- Open Textbook/Open Educational Resources Grant Program: Call for Proposals
- Holly Mercer Elected to HathiTrust Board
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Scheduled Maintenance- Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Historical UT Agricultural Publications Now Available as Digital Collections
- Library Hosts STEM Event for K-12 Teachers
- “Science in Motion”: Librarians to Host Film Screening and Photo Preservation Events
- UT Libraries Surpasses $20 Million Campaign Goal
- Graduate Commons offers quiet or group study—and a sense of community
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Lunch and Learn: Difficult Conversations on Supporting First-generation StudentsOct. 23 @ 12pmJohn C Hodges Library - 605
Foreign & Independent Film: SolarisNov. 5 @ 7pmJohn C Hodges Library - Lindsay Young Auditorium, 101
Make BreakNov. 14 @ 1pmPendergrass Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine Library - Makerspace