Is your instructor using an open textbook or other open educational resource so that everyone in your class can access teaching and learning materials? Nominate your instructor for the Student Government Association’s Open Education Award.
Is your instructor using OERs to increase student access to course materials, lessen the financial burden on students and their families, and mitigate the overall cost of receiving an education? This is your chance to give your instructor the recognition he or she deserves.
Any currently enrolled UT Knoxville student may nominate an instructor. Nominees will be judged on four criteria: overall educational impact, innovation in teaching and learning, economic impact on students, and quality of OER used.
The nomination deadline is April 1.
Nominate your instructor.
All students who submit a nomination will be entered into a drawing to win a special prize from the VolShop.
The 2019 SGA Open Education Award winners will be announced at a reception on Thursday, April 25, from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. in the Mary E. Greer Room (258 Hodges Library). The campus community is invited.
Welcome Back, Vols!
We’re glad you’re here. Let us help you start the semester off right by connecting you with helpful resources, services, and librarians.
Recent NewsMore News
- Free Online Language Courses
- Game Night with Dungeons & Dragons
- Hodges Library 2nd-floor entrance CLOSED Monday, Aug. 19
- Graduate Commons CLOSED Aug. 13-20
- Now showing: Foreign and independent films
- Game Night July 24—Dungeons & Dragons
- UT Libraries Helps Launch New Digital Library of Tennessee Portal
- iThenticate plagiarism-detection services unavailable July 13