Is your instructor using an open textbook or other open educational resource so that everyone in your class can access teaching and learning materials? Nominate your instructor for the Student Government Association’s Open Education Award.
Is your instructor using OERs to increase student access to course materials, lessen the financial burden on students and their families, and mitigate the overall cost of receiving an education? This is your chance to give your instructor the recognition he or she deserves.
Any currently enrolled UT Knoxville student may nominate an instructor. Nominees will be judged on four criteria: overall educational impact, innovation in teaching and learning, economic impact on students, and quality of OER used.
The nomination deadline is April 1.
Nominate your instructor.
All students who submit a nomination will be entered into a drawing to win a special prize from the VolShop.
The 2019 SGA Open Education Award winners will be announced at a reception on Thursday, April 25, from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. in the Mary E. Greer Room (258 Hodges Library). The campus community is invited.
Our brand-new online encyclopedia of UT history and traditions is now searchable!
Recent NewsMore News
- GIS Day at Hodges Library, Nov. 13
- Attend Training for InCites, an Online Research Evaluation Tool
- Volopedia: Encyclopedia of UT History and Traditions Now Online
- UT Libraries endorses open academic publishing statement
- UT Libraries Gets High Ratings Once Again
- Open Textbook/Open Educational Resources Grant Program: Call for Proposals
- Holly Mercer Elected to HathiTrust Board
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Scheduled Maintenance- Saturday, October 19, 2019