“Libraries = Strong Communities” is the theme for National Library Week, April 7–13. Stop by the display outside 209 Hodges Library during the week to learn how the UT Libraries creates a stronger community on campus, locally, and globally.
ABOUT THE SEED LIBRARY
Spring is almost here. Why not plant a garden? You can now check out seed packets from the library.
Here’s how it works: Visit our Seed Library at the Hodges Library Public Services desk (2nd floor entrance). Check out packets of vegetable seeds. Plant. Harvest and enjoy.
Grand Opening: Drop by 209 Hodges Library on Wednesday, April 10, between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m., to plant a seed and carry it home. We’ll supply:
- Biodegradable pots, soil, and bean seeds
- Giveaways: recipes, bookmarks with gardening tips, a limited number of terracotta pots with flowers
- Food: including veggies, lavender-scented cookies, and herb-infused lemonade
You are also invited to join our Transplant Workshop at the Grow Lab at 2-4 p.m., Thursday, April 11.
Visit our seed library website, libguides.utk.edu/seedlibrary, for guides to urban gardening, tips for saving seeds from year to year, and information on community groups — some right here in Knoxville — that promote food security and sustainable agriculture.
For more information, contact Sarah Johnson at 865-946-2104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome Back, Vols!
We’re glad you’re here. Let us help you start the semester off right by connecting you with helpful resources, services, and librarians.
Recent NewsMore News
- Free Online Language Courses
- Game Night with Dungeons & Dragons
- Hodges Library 2nd-floor entrance CLOSED Monday, Aug. 19
- Graduate Commons CLOSED Aug. 13-20
- Now showing: Foreign and independent films
- Game Night July 24—Dungeons & Dragons
- UT Libraries Helps Launch New Digital Library of Tennessee Portal
- iThenticate plagiarism-detection services unavailable July 13