“Libraries = Strong Communities” is the theme for National Library Week, April 7–13. Stop by the display outside 209 Hodges Library during the week to learn how the UT Libraries creates a stronger community on campus, locally, and globally.
ABOUT THE SEED LIBRARY
Spring is almost here. Why not plant a garden? You can now check out seed packets from the library.
Here’s how it works: Visit our Seed Library at the Hodges Library Public Services desk (2nd floor entrance). Check out packets of vegetable seeds. Plant. Harvest and enjoy.
Grand Opening: Drop by 209 Hodges Library on Wednesday, April 10, between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m., to plant a seed and carry it home. We’ll supply:
- Biodegradable pots, soil, and bean seeds
- Giveaways: recipes, bookmarks with gardening tips, a limited number of terracotta pots with flowers
- Food: including veggies, lavender-scented cookies, and herb-infused lemonade
You are also invited to join our Transplant Workshop at the Grow Lab at 2-4 p.m., Thursday, April 11.
Visit our seed library website, libguides.utk.edu/seedlibrary, for guides to urban gardening, tips for saving seeds from year to year, and information on community groups — some right here in Knoxville — that promote food security and sustainable agriculture.
For more information, contact Sarah Johnson at 865-946-2104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Commons Officially Open
The long-awaited space just for graduate students in Hodges Library is now officially open to all graduate students.
Recent NewsMore News
- Open Textbook/Open Educational Resources Grant Program: Call for Proposals
- Holly Mercer Elected to HathiTrust Board
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Scheduled Maintenance- Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Historical UT Agricultural Publications Now Available as Digital Collections
- Library Hosts STEM Event for K-12 Teachers
- “Science in Motion”: Librarians to Host Film Screening and Photo Preservation Events
- UT Libraries Surpasses $20 Million Campaign Goal
- Graduate Commons offers quiet or group study—and a sense of community
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Lunch and Learn: Difficult Conversations on Supporting First-generation StudentsOct. 23 @ 12pmJohn C Hodges Library - 605
Foreign & Independent Film: SolarisNov. 5 @ 7pmJohn C Hodges Library - Lindsay Young Auditorium, 101
Make BreakNov. 14 @ 1pmPendergrass Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine Library - Makerspace