The UT Libraries Diversity Committee hosts a series of lunchtime discussions to facilitate comfortable dialog about diversity and inclusion. Lunch and Learn invites students and other members of the campus community to talk openly but respectfully about complex issues that impact their lives and their campus experience.
Join us for:
Conversations on Immigration
Monday, March 25
Noon – 1:30 p.m.
Mary Greer Room, 258 Hodges Library
This Lunch and Learn seeks to educate our campus community about the facts of immigration — dispelling myths, untruths, and rumor. A panel of professionals working in various areas involved in immigration will present information specific to their fields of expertise and invite questions from attendees.
The moderator for the panel discussion will be Andrea Stedman, a graduate student intern with Centro Hispano de East Tennessee and leader of its College Access program. Panelists include:
• Megan Austin, Immigration Law Clerk with Torres Law Firm, PLLC
• Chris M. Mendoza, UT’s Coordinator of Multicultural Student Life
• Luci Diego, Youth and Family Liaison at Centro Hispano de East Tennessee
Welcome Back, Vols!
We’re glad you’re here. Let us help you start the semester off right by connecting you with helpful resources, services, and librarians.
Recent NewsMore News
- Free Online Language Courses
- Game Night with Dungeons & Dragons
- Hodges Library 2nd-floor entrance CLOSED Monday, Aug. 19
- Graduate Commons CLOSED Aug. 13-20
- Now showing: Foreign and independent films
- Game Night July 24—Dungeons & Dragons
- UT Libraries Helps Launch New Digital Library of Tennessee Portal
- iThenticate plagiarism-detection services unavailable July 13