UT Dean of Libraries Steven Smith has been appointed to another three-year term on the Tennessee Advisory Council on Libraries. Smith has served on the advisory council since 2012.
The Tennessee Advisory Council on Libraries is the state entity that oversees library services that benefit all Tennesseans. The council advises the Tennessee State Library and Archives on long-range plans for library programs, services, and activities in Tennessee.
The Tennessee State Library and Archives collects and preserves books and records of historical, documentary and reference value, and encourages and promotes library development throughout the state. The state library supports Tennessee’s Regional Library System; provides construction funding, library materials, continuing education, and technology assistance to Tennessee’s public libraries; and encourages resource sharing across the state.
One ongoing project of the state library that benefits Tennessee’s colleges and universities is the Tennessee Electronic Library, an online collection of research resources made available free of charge to Tennessee residents.
Welcome Back, Vols!
We’re glad you’re here. Let us help you start the semester off right by connecting you with helpful resources, services, and librarians.
Recent NewsMore News
- Free Online Language Courses
- Game Night with Dungeons & Dragons
- Hodges Library 2nd-floor entrance CLOSED Monday, Aug. 19
- Graduate Commons CLOSED Aug. 13-20
- Now showing: Foreign and independent films
- Game Night July 24—Dungeons & Dragons
- UT Libraries Helps Launch New Digital Library of Tennessee Portal
- iThenticate plagiarism-detection services unavailable July 13