UT Dean of Libraries Steven Smith has been appointed to another three-year term on the Tennessee Advisory Council on Libraries. Smith has served on the advisory council since 2012.
The Tennessee Advisory Council on Libraries is the state entity that oversees library services that benefit all Tennesseans. The council advises the Tennessee State Library and Archives on long-range plans for library programs, services, and activities in Tennessee.
The Tennessee State Library and Archives collects and preserves books and records of historical, documentary and reference value, and encourages and promotes library development throughout the state. The state library supports Tennessee’s Regional Library System; provides construction funding, library materials, continuing education, and technology assistance to Tennessee’s public libraries; and encourages resource sharing across the state.
One ongoing project of the state library that benefits Tennessee’s colleges and universities is the Tennessee Electronic Library, an online collection of research resources made available free of charge to Tennessee residents.
Graduate Commons Officially Open
The long-awaited space just for graduate students in Hodges Library is now officially open to all graduate students.
Recent NewsMore News
- Open Textbook/Open Educational Resources Grant Program: Call for Proposals
- Holly Mercer Elected to HathiTrust Board
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Scheduled Maintenance- Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Historical UT Agricultural Publications Now Available as Digital Collections
- Library Hosts STEM Event for K-12 Teachers
- “Science in Motion”: Librarians to Host Film Screening and Photo Preservation Events
- UT Libraries Surpasses $20 Million Campaign Goal
- Graduate Commons offers quiet or group study—and a sense of community
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Lunch and Learn: Difficult Conversations on Supporting First-generation StudentsOct. 23 @ 12pmJohn C Hodges Library - 605
Foreign & Independent Film: SolarisNov. 5 @ 7pmJohn C Hodges Library - Lindsay Young Auditorium, 101
Make BreakNov. 14 @ 1pmPendergrass Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine Library - Makerspace