Join us for a geography focused day of GIS (Geographic Information Systems), lidar, drones, augmented reality, and virtual reality. There will be hands-on attractions such as the sand box where you can make your own mountains and streams. Another attraction will be the sim table that can be used to virtually practice disaster relief. The event will consist of demonstrations, poster/map gallery, lightning talks, and on-campus mapping activities.
Wednesday, Nov. 14
10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Hodges Library, 1st floor
Sponsored by the Geography Department and the UT Libraries
Graduate Commons Ribbon Cutting
Join us to celebrate the grand opening of a long-awaited space just for graduate students in Hodges Library.
Recent NewsMore News
- UT Libraries Now Holds Archive of Cartoonist Paige Braddock
- Community gathering in response to hate speech
- Graduate Commons Grand Opening, Sept. 20
- Lunch and Learn: Financial Literacy, Sept. 16
- Data Management Best Practices Webinar, Sept. 10
- Workshop: Manage Citations with EndNote
- Best Practices in Publishing program for graduate students
- Exhibit in Hodges Library—“Lighting the Way: 225 Years of Volunteers”