The UT Libraries Diversity Committee hosts a series of lunchtime discussions to facilitate comfortable dialog about diversity and inclusion. Lunch and Learn invites students and other members of the campus community to talk openly but respectfully about complex issues that impact their lives and their campus experience.
Join us for a workshop on:
The Life of the Student Athlete: Perception versus Reality
Noon – 1:30 p.m., Wed., Sept. 19
213 Hodges Library
Joe Scogin and Kayla Smith of the Thornton Athletics Student Life Center will facilitate a discussion on the challenges facing student athletes. The Thornton Center helps student-athletes balance the difficult demands of their academic and athletic schedules by providing academic support services as well as career and professional development, and character and leadership development.
Joe Scogin is assistant provost, director of the Thornton Center, and senior associate athletic director. Kayla Smith is assistant athletics director for student-athlete engagement. Smith works with student-athletes and administrators to ensure that UT’s athletics program is at the forefront when it comes to community outreach, career discovery, and preparing young men and women for the next phases of life.
Our brand-new online encyclopedia of UT history and traditions is now searchable!
Recent NewsMore News
- GIS Day at Hodges Library, Nov. 13
- Attend Training for InCites, an Online Research Evaluation Tool
- Volopedia: Encyclopedia of UT History and Traditions Now Online
- UT Libraries endorses open academic publishing statement
- UT Libraries Gets High Ratings Once Again
- Open Textbook/Open Educational Resources Grant Program: Call for Proposals
- Holly Mercer Elected to HathiTrust Board
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Scheduled Maintenance- Saturday, October 19, 2019