The UT Libraries Diversity Committee hosts a series of lunchtime discussions to facilitate comfortable dialog about diversity and inclusion. Lunch and Learn invites students and other members of the campus community to talk openly but respectfully about complex issues that impact their lives and their campus experience.
Join us for a workshop on:
The Life of the Student Athlete: Perception versus Reality
Noon – 1:30 p.m., Wed., Sept. 19
213 Hodges Library
Joe Scogin and Kayla Smith of the Thornton Athletics Student Life Center will facilitate a discussion on the challenges facing student athletes. The Thornton Center helps student-athletes balance the difficult demands of their academic and athletic schedules by providing academic support services as well as career and professional development, and character and leadership development.
Joe Scogin is assistant provost, director of the Thornton Center, and senior associate athletic director. Kayla Smith is assistant athletics director for student-athlete engagement. Smith works with student-athletes and administrators to ensure that UT’s athletics program is at the forefront when it comes to community outreach, career discovery, and preparing young men and women for the next phases of life.
Graduate Commons Ribbon Cutting
Join us to celebrate the grand opening of a long-awaited space just for graduate students in Hodges Library.
Recent NewsMore News
- UT Libraries Now Holds Archive of Cartoonist Paige Braddock
- Community gathering in response to hate speech
- Graduate Commons Grand Opening, Sept. 20
- Lunch and Learn: Financial Literacy, Sept. 16
- Data Management Best Practices Webinar, Sept. 10
- Workshop: Manage Citations with EndNote
- Best Practices in Publishing program for graduate students
- Exhibit in Hodges Library—“Lighting the Way: 225 Years of Volunteers”