Drop by the University Libraries’ Open House on Wednesday, August 22, 2-4 p.m., on the second floor of the John C. Hodges Library (view a map). Meet the librarian who specializes in your discipline. Take a quick tour. Learn about library resources.
Undergraduates, graduate students, faculty, and staff are invited to join us to…
- Meet the librarian who specializes in your discipline
- Tour our spaces
• your guide to subject-specific library resources
• one-on-one research consultations available
• millions of books
• quiet and collaborative study areas
• cutting-edge technology, including the Studio media lab, equipment checkout (laptops, cameras, more), GIS, 3D printing, and NEW virtual reality and video/photo rooms
- Sign up for interlibrary loan (borrow books from other libraries) and Library Express (books delivered to the UT library nearest you)
- Register with UT’s Office of Information Technology for help with email and web accounts
- Learn about free citation management tools like Zotero and EndNote that can help you organize your research and generate a bibliography as you write
- Learn about the Scholars’ Collaborative:
• Open Publishing Support Fund to underwrite publication in peer-reviewed open access journals
• helps authors retain their copyrights
• help with managing your research data
- Play games!
- Win prizes!
Graduate Commons Officially Open
The long-awaited space just for graduate students in Hodges Library is now officially open to all graduate students.
Recent NewsMore News
- Open Textbook/Open Educational Resources Grant Program: Call for Proposals
- Holly Mercer Elected to HathiTrust Board
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Scheduled Maintenance- Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Historical UT Agricultural Publications Now Available as Digital Collections
- Library Hosts STEM Event for K-12 Teachers
- “Science in Motion”: Librarians to Host Film Screening and Photo Preservation Events
- UT Libraries Surpasses $20 Million Campaign Goal
- Graduate Commons offers quiet or group study—and a sense of community
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Lunch and Learn: Difficult Conversations on Supporting First-generation StudentsOct. 23 @ 12pmJohn C Hodges Library - 605
Foreign & Independent Film: SolarisNov. 5 @ 7pmJohn C Hodges Library - Lindsay Young Auditorium, 101
Make BreakNov. 14 @ 1pmPendergrass Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine Library - Makerspace