Drop by the University Libraries’ Open House on Wednesday, August 22, 2-4 p.m., on the second floor of the John C. Hodges Library (view a map). Meet the librarian who specializes in your discipline. Take a quick tour. Learn about library resources.
Undergraduates, graduate students, faculty, and staff are invited to join us to…
- Meet the librarian who specializes in your discipline
- Tour our spaces
• your guide to subject-specific library resources
• one-on-one research consultations available
• millions of books
• quiet and collaborative study areas
• cutting-edge technology, including the Studio media lab, equipment checkout (laptops, cameras, more), GIS, 3D printing, and NEW virtual reality and video/photo rooms
- Sign up for interlibrary loan (borrow books from other libraries) and Library Express (books delivered to the UT library nearest you)
- Register with UT’s Office of Information Technology for help with email and web accounts
- Learn about free citation management tools like Zotero and EndNote that can help you organize your research and generate a bibliography as you write
- Learn about the Scholars’ Collaborative:
• Open Publishing Support Fund to underwrite publication in peer-reviewed open access journals
• helps authors retain their copyrights
• help with managing your research data
- Play games!
- Win prizes!
Welcome Back, Vols!
We’re glad you’re here. Let us help you start the semester off right by connecting you with helpful resources, services, and librarians.
Recent NewsMore News
- Free Online Language Courses
- Game Night with Dungeons & Dragons
- Hodges Library 2nd-floor entrance CLOSED Monday, Aug. 19
- Graduate Commons CLOSED Aug. 13-20
- Now showing: Foreign and independent films
- Game Night July 24—Dungeons & Dragons
- UT Libraries Helps Launch New Digital Library of Tennessee Portal
- iThenticate plagiarism-detection services unavailable July 13