- BIG IDEAS demand reliable information. The University Libraries supports scholarship, research, and learning at UT by acquiring, organizing, preserving, and facilitating access to the world’s knowledge. The wide-ranging expertise of our librarians might surprise you.
This semester we begin a series of profiles of UT Knoxville librarians. Watch for a new profile each week.
As Media Literacy Librarian, Michelle Brannen manages our media production lab (the Studio) and helps faculty integrate media into university coursework.
A growing number of disciplines now incorporate media projects in coursework. Michelle is committed to providing media instruction to meet the curricular needs of the campus and the career goals of students. She develops media training workshops and makes sure that the Studio offers state-of-the-art equipment and software for photography, video editing, sound recording, graphic design, and web design.
Michelle is also the Learning, Research, and Collections Librarian for the School of Journalism and Electronic Media, providing research consultations, information literacy instruction, and collection development for that discipline.
She holds a bachelor’s degree in music education from Florida State University and a master’s degree in information science from UT.
Contact Michelle (firstname.lastname@example.org, 974-6396) if you foresee the need for additional equipment, software, or services in the Studio. Michelle is knowledgeable about fair use issues and can answer questions about best media practices and standards.
Our brand-new online encyclopedia of UT history and traditions is now searchable!
Recent NewsMore News
- GIS Day at Hodges Library, Nov. 13
- Attend Training for InCites, an Online Research Evaluation Tool
- Volopedia: Encyclopedia of UT History and Traditions Now Online
- UT Libraries endorses open academic publishing statement
- UT Libraries Gets High Ratings Once Again
- Open Textbook/Open Educational Resources Grant Program: Call for Proposals
- Holly Mercer Elected to HathiTrust Board
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Scheduled Maintenance- Saturday, October 19, 2019