Student Library Assistants assist in the operation of the Pendergrass Library on the Agriculture Campus.
10-20 hours per week for the entire academic year – August through May – during open hours (7:30AM-midnight Monday-Thursday, 7:30AM-8:00PM Friday, 10AM-6PM Saturday, and 1PM-midnight Sunday) with the possibility to work during the summer (8AM-6PM Monday-Friday).
- Assist library patrons at the Service Desk
- Maintain tidiness of library facilities
- Print research posters, scan documents, re-shelve materials
- Other tasks as assigned
- Ability to work independently and accurately
- Proficiency with computer systems and applications
- Strong customer service skills, or ability and willingness to learn such skills
- Willingness to learn new skills (document scanning, poster printing, etc.)
- Accepting of differences
Student Library Assistants and their direct supervisor have ongoing communication regarding performance and training. The direct supervisor conducts an informal bi-directional feedback session at least once each semester.