Pendergrass Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine Library at the University of Tennessee is seeking a graduate student in Outreach and Engagement for practicum credit in the fall 2017 semester. Candidates must be responsible, self-motivated, and able to work independently and as part of a team. This position requires balancing multiple responsibilities and deadlines in a fast-paced, innovative branch library.
- Teach library orientations, information literacy sessions, and “gamified” classes to undergraduate and graduate students on the agriculture campus.· Coordinate, schedule, and teach topic-based workshops and special programming for student clubs and organizations.· Assist with library outreach and special events including the Pendergrass “Pop-Up Library” and De-Stress for Success program.
- Represent Pendergrass Library at orientations, events, and fairs on the main campus and agriculture campus, including Graduate Student Open House, CASNR Club Fair, Ag Day, Employee Benefits Fair, and Farmers Market.
- Identify and develop new outreach and engagement opportunities for special populations such as at-risk students, transfer students, international students, and fraternities and sororities.
- Create flyers, handouts, and displays to engage library users and assist with distributing promotional material across the agriculture campus.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Enrolled as a UT graduate student in the School of Information Sciences
- Knoxville resident or able to commute to Pendergrass Library
- Able to work 10 hours per week during the regular semester
- Possess excellent communication skills for work with students, faculty, and library colleagues
- Possess a strong work ethic and customer service skills
- Possess basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and related office software products
- Experience with information literacy instruction, assessment, and the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education
- Experience coordinating and implementing workshops, events, or programs in a library or higher education setting
- Graphic design experience (e.g., creating brochures, newsletters, infographics, presentations)
All interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to Caroline Zeglen, Assistant Librarian, at email@example.com. The position will be open until filled.