|Position:||Library Supervisor II|
|Reports to:||Assistant Professor and Media Literacy Librarian|
Sunday – Thursday, 3:30pm-12:30am
This position is the 2nd shift supervisor for The Studio media production lab and reports to the Media Literacy Librarian. The person in this position works closely with Studio staff to provide instructional and creative services including: providing assistance and instruction to customers on the educational uses and applications of media computer equipment, software, and production processes; supervising consultation services during the 2nd shift; supervising student employees; advising the team on service issues and recommending approaches for successful and innovative service delivery; and contributing to the mission of The Studio and the Libraries through special projects and interactions.
Responsibilities / Duties:
Media Consulting and Instruction:
- Provide training and point-of-use instruction to students, faculty, and staff for creation and productivity of media projects in The Studio.
- Assist clients in planning projects using specialized software and electronic collections at the help desk and through individual consultation appointments.
- Provide formatting assistance with integration of images and media into theses and dissertations.
- Develop instructional materials to support the types of media projects clients complete in The Studio.
- Work closely with Studio staff to develop, design, and update course materials including promotional materials and maintenance of web site.
Service Desk Supervision:
- Work with Studio staff to supervise student employees, including hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluating students for their work at both the equipment circulation and help desks.
- Work with Studio staff to manage all Studio services, providing evening and Sunday supervision in The Studio.
- Work with Public Services 2nd shift to contribute to the management of the equipment circulation desk.
- Maintain statistics for the Studio.
- Assist with outreach and marketing of Studio services.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems at computer workstations.
- As assigned, maintain computers and other media equipment.
Additional Library Contributions
- Provide backup for the Public Services department service desks and classrooms as needed.
- Participate in public programming initiatives
- Contribute to planning, budgeting, and other department efforts in meetings and as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education, training and demonstrated knowledge and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer applications for media design and development, particularly through the use of industry-standard software tools for graphic design and video editing.
- Customer service experience
- Experience with training and creating training materials.
- Demonstrated experience with the Macintosh platform.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well with a diverse clientele and colleagues in a unit undergoing rapid change.
- Experience providing media technology support in an academic setting.
- Experience working in a computer lab environment.
- Supervisory experience
For assistance or questions about using the UT online application system contact University Human Resources:
221 Conference Center Building, Knoxville, TN 37996-4125
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For more information about positions in the Libraries contact Library Administration, (865) 974-6600.