UT Libraries’ Liaison Programs seeks a highly organized, self-motivated graduate student to join our team providing outreach, customer service, and supporting a variety of liaison initiatives. The successful applicant must be attentive and detail-oriented, with the ability to operate with a high level of autonomy.
Approximately 10 hours per week with additional hours to be decided based on liaison needs. Ideally available Wednesday afternoons from 12 – 4.
- Input and organize data.
- Research various countries, cultures, or topics for interesting, educational, and relevant information, including books, DVDs, streaming movies, streaming audio, ebooks, language learning software, art, architecture, food, general information, photos, etc…, for the international coffeehouses’ physical and virtual displays.
- Supervise and represent the UT Libraries at some outreach events, from the set-up, throughout the event, to take down.
- Create webpages (LibGuides) to correspond with outreach events.
- Document outreach events with photos and videos.
- Identify promotional materials that can be adapted for displays.
- Create and maintain content for liaison newsletter.
- Distribute promotional materials as needed.
- Must be reliable.
- Must have strong customer service skills, and work well with a diverse clientele.
- Must have a basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office Software
- Comfortable learning new technology systems
- Ability to work independently and in a group environment.