Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm. Schedule can vary daily to accommodate classes; however, would prefer at least two of the days to start at or around 8:00am.
Our unit operates the year around, and requires a commitment of working during breaks and the summer months. The number of hours can be increased during these periods, allowing the student to earn more.
Location: John C. Hodges Library
This position is ideal for someone in the SIS program or anyone interested in gaining a general working knowledge of how different units interact within a department and with the library organization as a whole. The candidate must be able to learn a multitude of tasks and be proficient in their execution.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Collect and tabulate collection holdings data for reports
- Manage daily distribution and retention of newspapers
- Pull, process, and package requests from Hodges stacks
- Shelving and general stacks maintenance
- Deliver and pick-up of library material to locations on the main campus on foot
- Assist office staff with special projects
- Have familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Be organized and systematic in approach to work
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds, and push loads up to and exceeding 80 pounds
- Enjoy working outdoors (regardless of season/weather) and physical labor
- The work is time sensitive and requires punctuality, plus a commitment of the job as outlined above
- Be able to operate autonomously and take direction
- Delivery duties involve interacting with staff and faculty outside the library and acting as a library representative. As such, candidate must be amiable and possess good inter-personal skills
Apply via Handshake on the Center for Career Development’s website
For more information about positions in the Libraries contact Library Administration & Human Resources, 865-974-6600.
EEO/AA Statement /Non-Discrimination Statement
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
Inquiries and charges of violation of Title VI (race, color, national origin), Title IX (sex), Section 504 (disability), ADA (disability), ADEA (age), sexual orientation, or veteran status should be directed to the Office of Equity and Diversity (OED), 1840 Melrose Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996-3560, telephone (865) 974-2498 (V/TTY available) or 974-2440. Requests for accommodation of a disability should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at the Office of Equity and Diversity.