Library Express (LX) delivers books, bound periodicals, maps, CDs and other ‘loanable’ materials from the Hodges Library, Hoskins Storage, the Music Library, or the Pendergrass AgVetMed Library.
Monday through Friday, 3 to 4 hours a day, between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm. Schedule can vary daily to accommodate classes. Our unit operates the year around, and requires a commitment of working during breaks and the summer months. The number of hours can be increased during these periods, allowing the student to earn more.
Location: John C. Hodges Library
Responsibilities / Duties
• Deliver and pick-up of library material to locations on the main campus on foot
• Package outgoing book to be delivered via mail and other couriers
• Pull and process requests from Hodges stacks
• Assist office staff with projects
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds, and push loads up to and exceeding 80 pounds
• Enjoy working outdoors (regardless of season/weather) and physical labor
• The work is time sensitive and requires punctuality, plus a commitment of the job as outlined above
• Be able to operate autonomously and take direction
• Delivery duties involve interacting with staff and faculty outside the library and acting as a library representative. As such, candidate must be amiable and possess good inter-personal skills
For more information about positions in the Libraries contact Library Administration & Human Resources, 865-974-6600..
EEO/AA Statement /Non-Discrimination Statement
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
Inquiries and charges of violation of Title VI (race, color, national origin), Title IX (sex), Section 504 (disability), ADA (disability), ADEA (age), sexual orientation, or veteran status should be directed to the Office of Equity and Diversity (OED), 1840 Melrose Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996-3560, telephone (865) 974-2498 (V/TTY available) or 974-2440. Requests for accommodation of a disability should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at the Office of Equity and Diversity.