Library Administration and the UT Libraries Diversity Committee is hosting an Organizational Read program where participants are invited to read an academic piece on a thought-provoking subject and come together to discuss as a group their individual findings each semester. For Fall 2019, participants are reading White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin Diangelo. With the support of Dean Smith, the Diversity Committee invites you to participate in this initiative as we plan conversations centered around this book.
Reflecting the guidelines set forth in the UT Libraries Strategic Plan, it is the hope of the Diversity Committee that these conversations will create work relationships, enhance our organizational excellence and enrich our diversity and inclusivity. Attendees to the program may receive HR 128 credit for their participation. A copy of the book will be provided to enrolled participants. Please register if you would like to participate.
If interested, please understand that this is an optional program; attendees do not need to have read the entire book to engage in the sessions below.
Timeline for participation:
- June 15: RSVP your intent to participate by registering
- July 31: Books delivered to participants
- Tuesday, October 8 from 9 AM – 11 AM: Kickoff meeting led by Dean Steve Smith in Hodges 605
- Tuesday, November 12 from 10 AM– 11:30 AM: Optional small group meeting in Hodges 309
- Wednesday, November 20 from 3:30 PM – 5 PM: Optional small group meeting in Hodges 309
- Tuesday, January 14 from 1 PM– 2:30 PM: Optional small group meeting in Hodges 309
- Wednesday, February 5 from 2 PM – 3:30 PM: Optional small group meeting in Hodges 309
- Tuesday, February 11 from 9 AM – 11 AM: Wrap-up meeting led by Dean Steve Smith in Hodges 605
We look forward to having these conversations with you.
Graduate Commons Ribbon Cutting
Join us to celebrate the grand opening of a long-awaited space just for graduate students in Hodges Library.
Recent NewsMore News
- UT Libraries Now Holds Archive of Cartoonist Paige Braddock
- Community gathering in response to hate speech
- Graduate Commons Grand Opening, Sept. 20
- Lunch and Learn: Financial Literacy, Sept. 16
- Data Management Best Practices Webinar, Sept. 10
- Workshop: Manage Citations with EndNote
- Best Practices in Publishing program for graduate students
- Exhibit in Hodges Library—“Lighting the Way: 225 Years of Volunteers”