Read the University Libraries Diversity Action Plan here.
Visit the LibGuide to Anti-Racism Resources: https://libguides.utk.edu/antiracism
- University Libraries maintains a list of organizations on campus which support multicultural student life and diversity initiatives.
- Diversity and Engagement: https://diversity.utk.edu/
- Office of Equity and Diversity: https://oed.utk.edu
- Council for Diversity and Inclusion: https://cdi.utk.edu/
- Office of Multicultural Student Life: https://multicultural.utk.edu/
- The Office of Multicultural Student Life lists several Student Organizations doing invaluable work towards diversity, inclusion, and engagement.
- Pride Center: https://pridecenter.utk.edu/
- For a conclusive list of active multicultural student organizations, please visit VOLink here.
Off-Campus and Local Resources
- Diversity and Engagement lists a wide array of local organizations, such as The Muslim Community of Knoxville and Knoxville Area Urban League, who are doing impeccable work for diverse communities.
- University Libraries maintains a list of community organizations who work alongside and within Knoxville’s multicultural population.
- The American Library Association maintains an online database with Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion initiatives, partnerships, learning resources, and volunteer opportunities.
- Visit the Prince George’s County Memorial Library System and their online resource collection in collaboration with the Urban Libraries Council.
- Find resources organized by stages of white racial identity development through Denver University’s online Library Guide highlighting Anti-racist Resources.
- Rise Up Against Racism’s Antiracist Book Initiative seeks to fill Little Free Antiracist Libraries with books which center Black voices.
- APALA’s compiled list of resources to support the Asian American/Pacific Islander community during the pandemic.
- Stand alongside the mission of Anti-Racism in Academia.
Diversity Action Plan
Learn how the libraries are working to advance access, accountability, an inclusive campus climate, and equity.
Recent NewsMore News
- Our short story contest winners are …
- DeStress for Success
- Event: Title IX — Impact on UT and Beyond
- Big Orange Give Celebrates Tenth Anniversary
- Queer Conversations: Join us October 11
- UT Libraries Unveils Digital Membership Card for Donors
- "Bearing the Torch": A Conversation with Bob Hutton and Jack Neely
- Game Nights at Hodges Library Begin Sept. 21