The Diversity Committee is tasked with programming and activities to address social justice and cultural and diversity awareness within the University of Tennessee Libraries. As a group, we hold discussions and volunteer at library- and campus-wide events, to learn from and engage with multicultural communities and groups. We expect members to be willing to grapple with or confront or address uncomfortable topics relating to social justice.
To join us, find our membership guidelines here.
What are we up to?
International Fest 2022
The Diversity Committee hosted a booth at the 2022 International Festival, hosted by the International House, which spotlighted cultural and ethnic foods. Interested onlookers can visit a LibGuide full of excellent recipes for international food and customs, or check out a cookbook from another country at Hodges Library!
Diversity Action Plan
Learn how the libraries are working to advance access, accountability, an inclusive campus climate, and equity.
Recent NewsMore News
- UT Libraries Celebrates Staff and Campus Partners During Annual Spirit Awards Ceremony
- If Your Digital Content Isn’t Accessible, You Could Be Leaving Behind Up to a Billion Users
- Announcing the Library Scholarship Winner, Onyx Bard
- Congrats to Spring 2023 Graduating Library Student Workers!
- De-Stress for Success During Finals
- Digital Collections: Look Back at Your Own UT College Days with Volunteer Yearbooks and Commencement Programs
- Library Faculty Take Campus Leadership Roles
- Digital Collections — Knoxville Gardens: 100 Years Ago