In appointing new members, a balance should be sought which reflects a broad representation of UT Libraries’ faculty, staff, and branches, as well as representatives from various campus units.
- Members will be appointed by the Dean in consultation with the Diversity Committee
- Committee appointments will be made on the academic calendar
- Committee appointments will be for a minimum of two years (Members are welcome to remain on the committee for longer if they desire.)
- Unexpired terms will be filled as needed
Procedures for Membership Selection:
The committee will review and make recommendations to the Dean to fill all vacancies. New members will join the committee as soon as they are appointed. Members who will be rotating off of the committee will serve until August 15th to provide some transition and overlap.
Adopted by the UT Libraries Diversity Committee May 16, 2002.
Revised 2004, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2014, 2017.
Explore our Digital Collections
University of Tennessee Libraries Digital Collections have a new look and are now easier to search and discover.
Recent NewsMore News
- Newly-acquired Joseph Delaney Sketch on Display
- Exhibit: “Unveiled: Four Centuries of Apocalyptic Visions”
- An evening with culinary historian Michael W. Twitty
- Ebook Central, My Research, and Citation Tools - Down for Maintenance - 12/20-21/19
- Book Club “read” for faculty/staff: Everything They Never Taught You About College Teaching
- And the winner of our short story contest is . . .
- Create a Music Video for the Free Range Video Contest
- Resolved: Potential Interruption of Online Library Services