Members of the UT Libraries Diversity Committee attended the 2015 College of Communication and Information’s Experience Diversity Banquet on February 20th. Held at the Bearden Banquet Hall, the purpose of the banquet is to provide an inspirational diversity experience for students, faculty and all others in attendance. The banquet also raises funds to support the college’s Diversity and Inclusion Program.
Members of the Diversity Committee (Anne Hulse, Cathy Jenkins, Megan Venable, Michelle Brannen, Thura Mack and Jessie Abernathy) were invited to present at the 10th Annual Black Issues Conference at the University Center. Their presentation titled “Standing your ground: Do online conversations matter or make a difference?” was given to an audience of about 20 students and included participation by Vice Chancellor for Diversity Rickey Hall. The UT Libraries Diversity Committee has participated in the Black Issues Conference for several years.
2014 Komen Race for the Cure – October 18, 2014
Disabilities History Month – October 2014
University Center display case – September 29-October 6, 2014
Disabilities 101 – September 18, 2014
2014 Life of the Mind: Daytripper – Culture Corner
Welcome Week diversity table – August 22, 2014
Tour and Overview of Libraries’ Assistive Technologies and Equipment areas – July 17, 2014
Return to Diversity Events page
Explore our newest collections
UT Digital Collections has something for everyone. Delve into our newest collections: Vols and Lady Vols Basketball Media Guides.
Recent NewsMore News
- Thank You, Dean’s Student Advisory Committee
- SGA Recognizes Instructors Who Use Open Educational Resources
- GIVING TUESDAY NOW: Give to the Student Emergency Fund on May 5
- UT Libraries Zoom Backgrounds
- De-Stress for Success & Study Day Resources
- HathiTrust Gives UT Users Temporary Access to More than a Million e-Books
- Classes are online, and so are we!
- Big Orange STEM Saturday for High School Students CANCELLED