Members of the UT Libraries Diversity Committee attended the 2015 College of Communication and Information’s Experience Diversity Banquet on February 20th. Held at the Bearden Banquet Hall, the purpose of the banquet is to provide an inspirational diversity experience for students, faculty and all others in attendance. The banquet also raises funds to support the college’s Diversity and Inclusion Program.
Members of the Diversity Committee (Anne Hulse, Cathy Jenkins, Megan Venable, Michelle Brannen, Thura Mack and Jessie Abernathy) were invited to present at the 10th Annual Black Issues Conference at the University Center. Their presentation titled “Standing your ground: Do online conversations matter or make a difference?” was given to an audience of about 20 students and included participation by Vice Chancellor for Diversity Rickey Hall. The UT Libraries Diversity Committee has participated in the Black Issues Conference for several years.
2014 Komen Race for the Cure – October 18, 2014
Disabilities History Month – October 2014
University Center display case – September 29-October 6, 2014
Disabilities 101 – September 18, 2014
2014 Life of the Mind: Daytripper – Culture Corner
Welcome Week diversity table – August 22, 2014
Tour and Overview of Libraries’ Assistive Technologies and Equipment areas – July 17, 2014
Return to Diversity Events page
Explore our newest collections
UT Digital Collections has something for everyone. Delve into our newest collections: Vols and Lady Vols Basketball Media Guides.
Recent NewsMore News
- How to Library: Fall 2020
- Plumb's Veterinary Drugs -Scheduled Maintenance on Wednesday, July 15
- UT Press Joins the University Libraries
- The Spring Semester Wasn’t All Sunshine. But Our Volunteer Spirit Helped Make it Brighter.
- National Endowment for the Arts Will Fund Wildfire Recovery Project
- ProQuest Ebook Central and LibCentral - down for maintenance June 27, 2020
- Steve Smith to Lead Fall Semester Planning; Holly Mercer Will Serve as Acting Dean