- Liz Zepeda was welcomed to the committee
- Committee said Bon Voyage to Annazette Houston
- Diversity Committee will be presenting at the Black Issues Conference on Saturday, Feb 3, 2018
- The title is: “Gentrification: Big Changes, Bigger Consequences”
- Thura, Liz, and Kristina Clement will be presenting
Chancellor’s Honor Awards
- Marva Rudolph Diversity and Interculturalism Unit Excellence Award – Feb 15 deadline
- Outcome: the committee voted and agreed to submit a nomination. Thura was charged with checking with the dean to see if he had plans to nominate the diversity committee and to look up the old nomination, as well as locate the most recent Library Diversity Plan.
Lunch and Learn
- The next Lunch and Learn program will be April 5 in the Mary E. Greer room.
- From 12 pm – 1:30 pm featuring the Center for Health Education and Wellness
- They will discuss consent.
- Thura is communicating with a contact from Athletics to organize a second lunch and learn (at this time, we do not know if they will be able to do spring or next fall).
- Peter and Thura shared an invitation from UTK Spanish Club and the Latin American Student Organization for us to help with an upcoming forum on immigration.
- Event is scheduled for March 27.
- Thura will work with the student representative to see specifically how they would like for us to support the forum.
- Need volunteers to get the Libraries Diversity Committee website updated.
Our next meeting will be Thursday, February 15 in Hodges 605 from 1-2 pm.