Diversity Committee Meeting Minutes: August 20, 2015 at 1:00 PM, Room 150
- Changes to the web page; listing by year was lost due to a crash
- Separate Lunch and Learn page added; approved logo
- Postcards available for distribution at Grad School Open House
- Lili’a posted the event on the homepage for diversity diversity.utk.edu
- It is also listed in the Chancellor’s newsletter
- There is a presence on Facebook and Twitter (kept it small because it is Welcome Week Blitzweek after this Welcome Week)
- Lili’s submitted for funding – there is a subcommittee for any questions. Look for an agenda of the first meeting on the 26th.
- Megan, Cathy, Michelle, Thura, Melanie, Keila and Kenya are working on the posters for the Diversity Summit. One in the AM and one in PM. All encouraged to register.
Introduction of the new Diversity Librarians: Kenya Flash and Keila Zayas-Ruiz
Lunch and Learn Updates:
- It is on the digital signs
- If anyone would like to be on future posters contact Cathy – there will be a release form
- EVENT: Tuesday September 15 noon-one in Mary Greer Room. BE THERE!
Topics for Spring:
- The survey was set up at the Grad School Open House by Regina and Michelle
- A link to the survey at the bottom of the article about the Committee in the Chancellor’s newsletter
- Once the results are in we can decide on topics and needed resources
- Next topic on age discrimination possible title: Mind the Gap: Ageism and Generational Differences