Diversity Committee Meeting Minutes: July 16, 2015 at 1:00 PM, Room 150
We held a moment of silence for Steve Thomas and signed a card for his family.
- The Clarence Brown Theater is performing “A Lesson Before Dying”
- Call for new members resulted in approving Melanie Allen and Trey Hobson
- We have also invited the new Diversity Residents to join the committee
- Two posters were accepted for the Diversity Summit to be held on Friday September 25
- The brand will be generic so that it can be used for multiple purposes
- If you would like to contribute, please contact Thura Mack
Progress on the Lunch and Learn series:
- The Council for Diversity has funding available. The committee will request $500 for the series for food and to raise awareness
- The email with the edits has gone out for feedback
- Where will it be used?
- Press release
- Digital signage
- Poster for the Diversity Summit
Suggestions for Website:
- Newest activities to be listed at top of page
- Past activities broken down by year
- Put dates to link programs
- Hide the call for new members
The next meeting will be Thursday August 20, 2015 at 1:00pm in Room 150.