Diversity Committee Meeting Minutes: February 19, 2015 at 1:00pm, Room 150
- As a group, the committee reviewed the proposed submission for the Dr. Marva Rudolph Diversity Award and submitted changes. The proposal is due February 20th; members are asked to submit further edits until noon on that day and Megan will submit the final proposal.
- Annazette discussed a collaboration between the city of Knoxville and the Disability Resource Center for an ADA tour. Their needs are not clear at this time, but the committee is on standby to offer assistance.
- The possibility of making permanent name tags for members was discussed. Megan is to research name tag options.
- Annazette introduced Richard Johnson, the Disability Resource Center’s new intern.
Lunch and Learn session in Fall 2015
- The committee will poll the campus community to determine interest in upcoming lunch and learn session topics. Regina to explore the best format to solicit information.
- Richard discussed the possibility of a “fish bowl” scenario he participated in led by facilitators Father Reagan Schriver and Dr. Mary Rogey. Participants would self-select when topics were introduced and had the ability to remove others from conversations and taking their place in discussions such as religion or social work.
- Steps to planning were identified: polling to reach a pool of participants, establishment of ground rules, and approaches to facilitation of lunch and learn sessions.
The next meeting is scheduled for March 19th at 1 PM in Room 150