Submit your art for the Student Art in the Library Exhibit!
First Prize of $300
Second Prize of $150
Third Prize of $75
People’s Choice of $50
Our guest judge is Cynthia Markret. www.cynthiamarkert.com
“Artist Cynthia Markert has been creating her mixed media paintings on wood since graduation from the University of Tennessee with a major in Studio Art and a minor in Women’s Studies. Her biographies appear in Who’s Who in America and Who’s Who In American Women. Her work is included in the archives of the National Museum of Women in the Arts in Washington D.C.“
Selected two-dimensional works (drawings, graphic design, prints, photography, painting) will be on display in the exhibit area in the PAUL M. & MARION T. MILES READING ROOM 135 Hodges during the spring semester. The contest is open to all currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students, in any discipline.
Please read the guidelines for submission here: https://www.lib.utk.edu/artinlibrary/art-library-guidelines-submission/
- Sep 4 submission deadline midnight (Limit three entries per artist)
- Sep. 12-16 committee will review art online and make selections (selected artists are notified by email)
- Sep. 20 deadline to bring in selected art to Hodges Library second floor service desk
- Sep. 22 mount the exhibit
- Sep. 24: 4:00 opening reception and award ceremony.
UT Libraries will display selected art until Nov. 4th. Once dismounted the art may be collected at the Hodges Library second floor service desk.
Accepted art is expected to be available for the entire exhibit.