How we choose our resources
Subject, scope, and format are the primary considerations for purchase of digital and print resources. Priority is given to resources that support the University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture’s (UTIA) land-grant mission to provide education, research, and outreach through the Herbert College of Agriculture, the College of Veterinary Medicine (UTCVM), UT Agriculture Research (AgResearch), and UT Extension. Special attention is given to resources that provide coverage of underrepresented or high-priority subject areas.
Pendergrass Library provides the broadest possible access to resources under the constraints of vendor agreements and funding limitations. Please see UT Libraries scholarly communication page for information about new publishing models relevant to increasing and promoting access.
The collection should provide ease of use and guidance for the user via appropriate menus, help screens, and/or tutorials. We will engage in ongoing evaluation of products and usage to ensure the best possible access to information.
If digital resources duplicate other resources already available in the collection, the proposed digital resources should offer some value-added enhancement (such as wider access or greater flexibility of use).
Questions about collection development? Please contact your subject librarian with any questions.
Graduate Commons Officially Open
The long-awaited space just for graduate students in Hodges Library is now officially open to all graduate students.
Recent NewsMore News
- Open Textbook/Open Educational Resources Grant Program: Call for Proposals
- Holly Mercer Elected to HathiTrust Board
- ProQuest Ebook Central - Scheduled Maintenance- Saturday, October 19, 2019
- Historical UT Agricultural Publications Now Available as Digital Collections
- Library Hosts STEM Event for K-12 Teachers
- “Science in Motion”: Librarians to Host Film Screening and Photo Preservation Events
- UT Libraries Surpasses $20 Million Campaign Goal
- Graduate Commons offers quiet or group study—and a sense of community
Upcoming EventsMore Events
Lunch and Learn: Difficult Conversations on Supporting First-generation StudentsOct. 23 @ 12pmJohn C Hodges Library - 605
Foreign & Independent Film: SolarisNov. 5 @ 7pmJohn C Hodges Library - Lindsay Young Auditorium, 101
Make BreakNov. 14 @ 1pmPendergrass Agriculture & Veterinary Medicine Library - Makerspace