Skip to Main Content
Music Library Indexes to Local Resources
- Find the words and music for over 50,000 songs in 15,000 collections
of songs in the Music Library.
- Another song index is the ASU's Popular Song Index, which accesses songbooks owned
by Arizona State University. This
index is particularly useful for finding popular songs.
It also features the first line of each song, in case you
don't remember the title.
- Find analyses, descriptions, and program notes for musical
compositions in the Music Library book collection. Use in conjunction
with Harold Diamond's book, Music Analyses: An Annotated Guide
to the Literature.
- Find program notes for Knoxville Symphony Orchestra performances
from Season 31 (1965) through Season 64 (1999). An index for
Seasons 13-30 is included in the 30th Season volume. Current
programs are in the current periodical section of the Reference
of Music Concert and Recital Recordings
- The University of Tennessee School of Music records many of its musical events. These recordings may be listened to in the Music Library, and they are classified according to the academic year in which they were performed.
- To find a specific recording, search the library catalog using the performer's name and/or the date the concert took place. Write down the call number for the CD ( i.e. SM2005-003). Bring the call number to the circulation desk and someone will assist you.
- Provides title access to Jamey Aebersold's New Approach to
Jazz Improvisation play-a-long volumes, which are in the Music
Library - MT68.A4. The Music Library has a print version available as well.
- Please see the Jamey Aebersold
Jazz, Inc. page for information on ordering and using the Aebersold
Choral Library Index and Collection
- This collection has been moved from the Music Library Reference Room to the UT Choral Department Offices.