- A $10 processing/handling fee is required for all requests.
- Low resolution scans cost $3 per page.
- High resolution scans, 400 dpi minimum, cost $10 per page.
- There is no fee to digitize University of Tennessee, Knoxville theses and dissertations.
- We only accept check or money orders for. Credit card payments are not allowed.
- Turnaround process for requests is 3-4 weeks but may be shorter.
Special Collections has switched to a staff-only photocopying policy. Patrons will need to fill out an order form and submit payment before copies are made. Personal scanners are not allowed in the Reading Room. Patrons are encouraged to bring a camera or use their phone to take pictures.
For patrons in need of photocopies:
- Cost per page is 25 cents.
- An additional $10 handling fee is added per 50 pages after the first 50 pages.
- Payment can be made via checks, money orders, and credit cards.
- Turnaround process for copy requests is up to two weeks depending on order size.
- Copies can be picked up in person or emailed as low-res pdf.
Patrons using credit cards must go to the circulation desk on the second floor (next to the Melrose entrance) to pay and return with a receipt to begin the job.
Conditions for Using Materials
- The University of Tennessee, Knoxville – Libraries (UT Libraries) claims only physical ownership of most material in the collections. Persons wishing to broadcast or publish this material must assume all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any claimants of copyright.
- UT Libraries in no way waives its right to future publication of the image(s) supplied to you or the right to grant others permission to use them.
- The recipient agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the University of Tennessee, its officers, employees and agents from and against all suits, claims, actions and expenses arising out of the use of reproductions provided by the UT Libraries.
- Images must be properly credited: “[Identification of Item], [Collection Name] [Collection Number, if applicable]. University of Tennessee, Knoxville – Libraries”
- UT Libraries reserves the right to restrict the use and reproduction of rare, valuable, or fragile materials. In general, duplication of entire books or collections is not permissible.
- Images for Web use may not be published at more than 72 DPI.
- UT Libraries encourages the researcher to provide this repository with one complimentary copy of the finished work.