Follow these instructions to request funding for publishing charges for articles in journals listed in the DOAJ and that provide free, immediate access to the contents and unrestricted non-commercial use with no embargo periods. Hybrid journals that make only selected articles open access are not eligible.
For additional open access journals, consult our partial list of publishers who provide open access.
- Ask the journal publisher about the possibility of a waiver or reduction of publishing charges. Report the results of your request in the appropriate box on the application form.
- Complete and submit the online application form. Requests for funding can be made at the point of acceptance.
- You will receive an email from the UT Office of Research and Engagement regarding the decision.
- Please have your college/department pay the invoice up front.
- Submit the paid invoice with IRIS document number and a copy of the email confirmation to Melanie Murphy, email@example.com, 1534 White Avenue, Knoxville, TN, 37996-1529 (email preferred).