Follow these instructions to request funding for publishing charges for articles in journals listed in the DOAJ and that provide free, immediate access to the contents and unrestricted non-commercial use with no embargo periods. Hybrid journals that make only selected articles open access are not eligible.
- Ask the journal publisher about the possibility of a waiver or reduction of publishing charges. Report the results of your request in the appropriate box on the application form.
- Complete and submit the online application form. Requests for funding can be made at the point of acceptance.
- You will receive an email from the UT Office of Research and Engagement regarding the decision.
- Please have your college/department pay the invoice up front.
- Submit the paid invoice with IRIS document number and a copy of the email confirmation to Melanie Murphy, email@example.com, 1534 White Avenue, Knoxville, TN, 37996-1529 (email preferred).