Follow these instructions to request funding for publishing charges for articles in journals listed in the DOAJ and that provide free, immediate access to the contents and unrestricted non-commercial use with no embargo periods. Hybrid journals that make only selected articles open access are not included in the pilot project.
If you have questions, contact Greg Reed, Associate Vice Chancellor, Office of Research and Engagement, email@example.com.
- Ask the journal publisher about the possibility of a waiver or reduction of publishing charges. Report the results of your request in the appropriate box on the application form.
- Complete and submit the online application form. Requests for funding can be made at the point of acceptance.
- Ask your department head to send a letter of support to JoAnne Deeken firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive an email from the UT Knoxville Office of Research regarding the decision.
- Please have your college/department pay the invoice up front.
- Submit the paid invoice with IRIS document number and a copy of the email confirmation to Marsha Jennings, email@example.com, 1534 White Avenue, Knoxville, TN, 37996-1529 (email preferred).