This Data Management Guide is provided as a service to the faculty and students at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. It is a one-stop-shop for all things related to Research Data Management.
The Office of Information Technology helps UT researchers use computing and analytic methods. The Research Support group provides up to 10 free hours of support per semester for research computing
This policy is applicable to Research Data developed by University employees in performing the duties of their employment by the University or through substantial use of funds and facilities provided by the University. This policy assures that Research Data are adequately recorded, archived, retained, and accessible for sufficient time to support the associated research that produced the data and any intellectual property developed by that research. This policy supports the academic freedom for free and broad dissemination of Research Data, consistent with University policy and needs.
Several universities and organizations are developing the DMPTool to help researchers meet these new requirements. In specific, the DMPTool will help researchers:
- Create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meet requirements for data management plans
- Get step-by-step instructions and guidance for data management plan
- Learn about resources and services available at your institution to fulfill the data management requirements of their grants
The Libraries subscribes to the EZID service, which allows researchers to assign Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) to digital files. DOIs help researchers:
- Get credit for research
- Meet funders’ data management and sharing requirements
- Get more citations and monitor results
- Promote scientific re-use of work
- Ensure transparency and accountability
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.