Don’t have time to go to the library and copy articles you need? We will scan print and microform materials and deliver as PDFs to your email account. All UTK faculty, students, and staff may use this service at no charge.
Need to borrow a book or some other library material? Use our Library Express: Loan Pickup or Delivery Service.
How it works
- Log in with your NetID and Password using the Off Campus Users: Sign In link on the library home page.
- Find the material you want using OneSearch: UT Collections.
- Display the Item information and click on the Get it link.
- Note the book chapters or article pages to be scanned. Be sure to specify “pages” or “chapters.”
- Scannable collections include Hodges Stacks books & journals, Music Library materials, all AgVetMed print, and all Storage print and microforms.
- Allow 1-2 business days for delivery (M-F).
- Some limits apply.
What we can scan
Book chapters (see below for restrictions)
Journal articles (see below restrictions)
Newspapers articles and documents in microformats (see below for restrictions)
Tables of Contents & Indexes (can be requested alongside a chapter/article)
Reasons we cannot fulfill a request
You cannot request more than one article from an issue, or more than one chapter from a book per day. If you need more than one article or chapter, those requests must be made on consecutive days
If the item cited does not match the holding selected in the catalog, i.e. the volume selected from the catalog does not match the volume cited in your request
A request may be declined if it is determined that a book chapter exceeds more than 20% of a monograph
The item requested is:
- A music score
- Reference, Special Collections, and other non-circulation collections material
- Reserve material
If what is requested falls under copyright restrictions, we reserve the right to cancel your order.
Can’t find the items you need in the UT Libraries Catalog?
UTK students, faculty, and staff may request loans and copies of materials unavailable locally via Interlibrary Services.
Library Express Office
108 Hodges Library
Phone: (865) 974-0021
Library Express Hours
M-F: 8am – 4:30pm