Don’t have time to go to the library and copy articles you need? We will scan print and microform materials and deliver as PDFs to your email account. All UTK faculty, students, and staff may use this service at no charge.
Need to borrow a book or some other library material? Use our Loan Pickup or Delivery Service.
How it works
- Find the material you want using the library catalog.
- Display the Item information and Request an Article or Chapter Scan
- Log in with your NetID & Password and complete the request form.
- Scannable collections include Hodges Stacks books & journals, Music Library materials, all AgVetMed print, and all Storage print and microforms.
- Allow 1-2 business days for delivery (M-F).
- Some limits apply.
What we can scan
- Book chapters
- Journal articles
- Newspaper articles and documents in microformats
- Tables of Contents & Indexes
- Any other selected pages
What we can’t scan
- Hodges Reserve
- Hodges Reference, Special Collections, and other non-circulating collections
- Entire works, either as a single or as multiple orders
- Music scores
- Massive Orders. If you need a lot of scans, contact Hodges Library Express, the AgVetMed Library, or the Music Library to negotiate options.
Can’t find the items you need in the UT Libraries Catalog?
UTK students, faculty, and staff may request loans and copies of materials unavailable locally via Interlibrary Services.
Library Express Office
108 Hodges Library
Phone: (865) 974-0021
Library Express Hours
M-F: 8am – 4:30pm