Library Express: Loan Pickup or Delivery
Library Express (LX) delivers books, bound periodicals, maps, CDs and other 'loanable' materials from the Hodges Library, Hoskins Storage, and Knoxville campus branch libraries. All UTK faculty, students, and staff may use this service at no charge.
And when you are ready to return a loan, LX also retrieves books from departmental offices and returns them to the library.
Need a copy of an article or a book chapter? Use LX's Article or Chapter Scan service.
How it works
- Find the material you want to borrow using either the Classic Catalog or the Library Catalog: Books Plus version.
- Display the Item information then Request an Item Pickup or Delivery.
- When prompted, log in with your NetID & Password.
- Select your preferred Campus Delivery or Library Pickup location and complete form.
- Campus Delivery is only available to UTK faculty, graduate students, and staff with departmental offices. Sorry, we can't delivery to individual offices.
- All others, use Library Pickup and collect loans at Hodges, AgVetMed, or Music libraries or at the Hoskins Storage Reading Room.
- LX sends you an email notice once your order is ready for pickup or is en route to your department.
- Allow 1-2 business days for delivery (M-F).
Can't find the items you need in the UT Libraries Catalog?
UTK students, faculty, and staff may request loans and copies of materials unavailable locally via Interlibrary Services.
Library Express Office
108 Hodges Library
Phone: (865) 974-0021
Fax: (865) 974-0555
Library Express Hours
M-F: 8am - 4:30pm