Reference Shelf - Grants & Other Funding SourcesReference Shelf
This page includes links to directories of available funding as well databases of awards made by various grant-making institutions. To find information on student scholarships and financial aid, see the section on Student Financial Aid. For a good starting point that includes reference books, online databases,and Internet resources see A Guide to Grants and Granting Agencies.
Guide to Grants & Granting Agencies
- Guide to Grants and Granting Agencies
- For a good starting point that includes reference books, online databases, and Internet resources.
- Grant Information Collection
- From the University of Wisconsin. An extensive list of helpful websites for developing grant applications.
Agencies, Foundations, & Organizations
- Council on Foundations
- The following links are available on this site: Community Foundations, Corporate Foundations, Family and Public Foundations, and International Grantmakers.
- Contains research information on funding, programs, and grants. For complete access, a subscription is requried. Claims to information on over a million grants.
- Useful for grant seekers, philanthropic organizations looking for other organizations wishing to see how private foundations spend their money. Has a "searchable database of tax-related information on over 60,000 private foundations that file form 990-PF with the IRS".
to over 10,000 funding opportunities provided by more than 4,000
sponsoring organizations. Has 10 segements: Arts and Humanites,
Biomedical and Health Care, Children and Youth, Community Development,
Pre-K Grade and Adult Education, International Programs, Operating
Grants for Non-Profits, Faith-Based Grants, Scholarships & Fellowships,
and Special Programs./dd>
- Provides links to a number of federal funding agencies.
- The National Database of Nonprofit Organizations
- Good for donors who want to research and compare charities and verify their legitmacy; also ability to link out to sites that offer assistance to non-profits that are seeking grant money.
- Foundation Center
- An excellent source for private foundations and corporate giving. Links to private, community, and corporate foundations and grantmakers.
- Internet Prospector
- Information geared to the needs of non-profit fundraisers. Covers prospect research sources related to corporations, foundations, and grants.
Selected U.S. Government Resources
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
- Contains financial and non-financial information on assistance programs administered by departments and agencies of the Federal Government. Searchable by keyword.
- The Commerce Business Daily (CBD)
- Lists notices of proposed government procurement actions, contract awards, sales of government property, and other procurement information. A new edition of the CBD is issued every business day.
- CRISP(Computer Retrieval of Information on Scientific Projects)
- A biomedical database system containing information on research projects and programs supported by the Department of Health and Human Services. Updated weekly;research falls within broad category of extramural projects, grants, contracts and cooperative agreements.
- Federal Register
- Provides a uniform system for making available regulations and legal notices issued by Federal agencies.
- Federally-Funded Research in the U.S.- Community of Science
- Sponsored by the Community of Science (COS). This database contains more than 400,000 funding opportunities. Provides access to experts. Also allows searching by geographic area and institution.
- Designed to be a one-stop electronic grant portal where potential grant recipients will receive full service electronic grant support.
- U.S. Dept. of Education
- This department awards grants through a variety of programs. Grants & Contracts offers information on current grants, upcoming grants, instructions for contract bidders, etc. What Should I Know About ED Grants? answers questions about the grants process. The Guide to U.S. Department of Education Programs provides eligibility and contact information for over 200 grant-distributing programs.
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Information on grant projects for the arts.
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- Information on grant projects for history, languages, philosophy, and other areas in the humanities. Searchable by broad categories.
UTK Office of Research
- UTK Office of Research
- Describes funding opportunities and awards available to UTK faculty. Also links to the Community of Science (COS)
- Community of Science(COS)
- Provides more than 22,000 records representing more than $33 billion in grants, fellowships, prizes, and more. Requires a special name and password. UT faculty and staff will be assigned a login username and password by sending an email to email@example.com or contacting the Office of Research Administration.
Page Maintained by:
Head Research Services
last updated 6/17/09