Resources for Students
Tips for understanding and avoiding plagiarism.
- Useful Terminology (University of Alberta)
- Examples of plagiarism (Princeton University)
- Guidelines for Avoiding Plagiarism (University of California, Davis)
- Managing Research Materials (University of Maryland University College)
- Quoting and Paraphrasing Sources (University of Wisconsin)
- Paraphrasing Textual Material (University of Arizona)
Provides related definitions or terminology that may assist one to avoid plagiarism.
Examples provide a range of textual plagiarism from verbatim copying to thorough paraphrasing.
A link to guidelines for avoiding plagiarism and some tips on how to cite sources correctly.
Tips for integrating and documenting source materials.
Links that offers tips on how to integrate information from published sources into your own writing in order to add credibility and authority.
Humanities Services Librarian
Instructional Services Librarian