Fines may be paid at the Second Floor Circulation Desk of Hodges Library or at the AgVetMed Library. You may pay fines and fees with credit card, debit card, VolCard, check, and money order. UT Libraries no longer accepts cash for fines or fees. UT Libraries does not have cash to make change.
- Regular Books, Periodicals, and Some Media – No Fines
- Recalled Items: Books, Bound Periodicals, and Some Media – 50 cents per day
- 3 Day Media Center Materials – 25 cents per hour
- Studio Equipment – 25 cents per hour (plus a $20 nonrefundable processing fee)
- Loaner Laptops and Commons Equipment – 25 cents per hour
- Reserve Materials
- Nocirc – 25 cents per hour
- 2 Hour/Overnight – 25 cents per hour
- 3 Hour – 25 cents per hour
- 1, 3, or 7 day – $1 per day
The maximum fine accruable on any one item is $20 (with the exception of Studio Equipment).
Borrowers will be blocked from borrowing additional library materials when they have accumulated $5 in fines or other outstanding library obligations. Failure by University of Tennessee students to pay fines or other outstanding obligations will result in the withholding of registration or transcripts.
A similar failure on the part of borrowers not affiliated with the University may result in the suspension or revocation of borrowing privileges.