Documenting Love with Government Documents, Online
Fight off the winter doldrums with some interesting facts and statistics about Valentine’s Day, from the Government Documents department at the UT Libraries:
- Candy is dandy! How much candy do Americans eat each year? Where are the most romantic-sounding places in America? The U.S. Census Bureau answers these questions and more.
- Love is in the air, and in the mail–This year’s love stamp features the Hershey’s Kiss, from the U.S. Postal Service.
- Crack the Valentine’s mystery America’s Library traces the history of celebrating Valentine’s Day from ancient times to today.
- Roses are red, violets are blue, See nature’s color code for flowers from the Department of Agriculture.
- Love means never saying goodbye, even in a long distance relationship. Here are some tips for long-distance relationship success from the Department of State.
- Looking for a Libido Lift? The Facts about Aphrodisiacs from the US Food and Drug Administration.
- Jungle Love? Animals at the National Zoo get in the mood for Valentine’s Day.
- Love Potion #9. Read about the use of mercury in casting love spells in a report from the Environmental Protection Agency.