Map Services Reproduction Policies
- Large format scanning (Color and B&W), printing (B&W), and copying (B&W) services are available. All large format equipment is operated by staff.
- Materials to be scanned, printed, or copied should be in the public domain.
- Scanning is free to UT affiliates for non-commercial purpose. There is a limit of 10 free scans per semester.
- Please contact the Map & Geospatial Data Librarian, Greg March, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding eligibility of materials to be scanned, printed, or copied.
- Large format color printing is provided by UCopy (Graphic Design Center) located in the University Center.
- Large format low resolution scans cost $3 per scan.
- Large format high resolution scans, 400 dpi minimum, cost $10 per scan.
- Large format B&W printing is 50 cents per sq. ft.
Most orders (under 10 items) can be completed the next business day.
Please contact the Map & Geospatial Data Librarian, Greg March, email@example.com with any questions.
Conditions for Using Materials
- The University of Tennessee, Knoxville – Libraries (UT Libraries) claims only physical ownership of most material in the collections. Persons wishing to broadcast or publish this material must assume all responsibility for identifying and satisfying any claimants of copyright.
- UT Libraries in no way waives its right to future publication of the image(s) supplied to you or the right to grant others permission to use them.
- The recipient agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the University of Tennessee, its officers, employees and agents from and against all suits, claims, actions and expenses arising out of the use of reproductions provided by the UT Libraries.
- Images must be properly credited: “[Identification of Item], [Collection Name] [Collection Number, if applicable]. University of Tennessee, Knoxville – Libraries”
- UT Libraries reserves the right to restrict the use and reproduction of rare, valuable, or fragile materials. In general, duplication of entire books or collections is not permissible.
- Images for Web use may not be published at more than 72 DPI.
- UT Libraries encourages the researcher to provide this repository with one complimentary copy of the finished work.