ABOUT FACULTY STUDIES
Faculty Studies are available for UTK Faculty Members who need to gather and hold research materials in the library. Faculty Studies may be renewed annually.
Faculty Studies are located on floors three through six. Since space is limited, Faculty Studies may be assigned to more than one Faculty Member at a time.
Personal items may be left in the Faculty Studies at the users own risk.
Direct any questions about the Faculty Studies to the Circulation / Media / Reserve Desk at 865-974-4351.
Checking Out Items to a Faculty Study
- Take the book(s) to the Circulation Desk for checkout. You will be asked to complete a faculty study slip to be placed in the book.
- Books, and their faculty study slips, must remain in the faculty study.
- Books may be checked out to faculty studies for the academic year.
- Periodicals (magazines and journals) cannot be checked out to faculty studies.
- Items that have not been checked out will be removed from the faculty studies.
Removing Items from a Faculty Study
- When a book is no longer needed in a faculty study, turn the slip around so that the "Return To Stacks" message is visible. Notify the Circulation Desk to remove the book.
- Books may be removed from faculty studies if requested by another person. A notice will be placed in the faculty study from which a book is taken.