Human ResourcesBack to Human Resources - Main
- Travel Request Procedure (PDF File)
- Travel Request Worksheet (PDF file)
- Career Development Fund - Application
Staff Development Travel/Training Committee
Elizabeth Greene, Wanda Rosinski, Greg Womac
- Funding is available for FY 2011/12.
- Travel funds cover:
- Out-of-state registration
- In-state registration should be requested through the UT Career Development Fund. Indicate the results of the CDF application on the Travel Request Worksheet. If denied, please seek Staff Development Funds.
- Lodging; If more than one person is going to the same conference, employees are expected to share rooms when possible.
- Transportation; Travel by UT car when possible. If a car is already going to a conference, requestor is expected to share available space.
- Staff members purchase their own food.
- Approved employees will receive a maximum amount of Staff Development Funds of $750.00 per fiscal year. Requests to travel exceeding $750.00 will be taken to Library Administration to consider supplementing the Staff Development award.
- Contact a Travel Committee member for a list of others going to same conference in order to share transportation and/or room costs.
Funding Request Process
- Individual staff member completes Travel Request Worksheet (http://www.lib.utk.edu/hr/travel/TravelRequest.pdf). [Information about the library’s travel process in general is available at http://www.lib.utk.edu/hr/travel/TravelProcedure.pdf.]
- Supervisor approves request.
- Non-Exempt staff requesting travel or training in-state should first apply for registration reimbursement through the Career Development Fund (http://www.tennessee.edu/cdf/) noting their guidelines.
- Request should be sent to Elizabeth Greene for review by the Staff Development Travel Committee at least 30 days prior to regular registration deadlines (not including late registration deadlines).
- Travel Committee sends approved requests to Dean for approval by Library Administration.
- Elizabeth Greene notifies requestor & supervisor about funding approval with copy of message to Travel Committee within 10 days.
- If help is needed filling out the request worksheet or with the procedures, please contact a Travel Committee member.
Criteria for Determining Awards
- This fund is earmarked for individual(s) to request travel/training. Supervisors who recommend request specific travel or training for an employee should request administrative funding.
- Travel and training must be job and/or career related and beneficial to the employee and the Library.
- Requests will be accepted from full time staff (Exempt and Non-Exempt) who have been employed at least one year at the Library.
- Employee must explain the purpose of the trip or training in the comment section of the Travel Request Worksheet. Note if a presentation or other program commitment is involved, and benefits expected.
- Priority will be given to first time applicants. If funding is available, staff members may be able to travel more than once.
- Total estimated cost of the travel or training must be included.