Graduate Student Library Assistant - StacksLibraries Employment
Must be able to work at least 15 hours a week, during Monday – Friday 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Supervision of Student Library Assistants (SLAs) in special projects and in the absence of the Stacks Departmental Supervisor
- Assists in planning and implementation of special projects for collections and stacks
- Assures the maintenance and security of library material
- Assures the Stacks SLAs complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Assess the condition of the stacks and determine work priorities.
- Organize SLA work assignments; Train, direct, and motivate stacks SLAs.
- Evaluate performance and share ratings with SLAs.
- Assist library users by assisting in locating material, answering directional questions, interpreting library policy and referring inquiries to the appropriate library department.
- Check and revise the range markers, and range numbers.
- Prepare computerized charts, graphs, and statistics for use in stacks management.
- Performs a variety of tasks including the identification of damaged material, handling lost and found inquiries, and other duties as assigned.
- Information Retrieval Assistance.
- Operation of the on-line search station.
- Safety and Security.
- Must be enrolled as UT Graduate Student.
- Experience, training or course work in management, computer, information or library science.
- Excellent communication skills for work with University and Libraries students, faculty and staff.
- Understanding of the Library of Congress Classification System.
- Must be able to work at least 15 hours a week, during Monday – Friday 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Experience in supervision, project management, or libraries.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to learn new systems.
- Understanding of the organization of library collections; familiarity with the ALEPH system.
For more information about positions in the Libraries contact Library Human Resources.
For other positions at the University of Tennessee Knoxville contact University Human Resources.