Student Library Assistant - Music LibraryLibraries Employment
Department : Music Library
The George F. DeVine Music Library, located in the Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) building, seeks a qualified student to assist in maintaining the circulation desk and providing varied assistance to library users.
10-15 hours per week; must be available to work Tuesdays 8:00am to 12:30pm, Thursdays 11:00am to 1:30pm, and Fridays 8:00am to 12:30pm.
- Current UT student (undergraduate or graduate) with an interest in music
- Willing to work at least 10 hours per week
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Comfortable working with computers, data entry, and learning new software
- Ability to work well with the public
- Must be able to work independently and within a team framework
- Organized and have strong attention to detail
- Punctual, reliable, and willing to cover other SLA shifts when possible
- Ability to climb ladders, bend, lift, push and move large numbers of books
- Prior library work experience or library user experience
- Music major, minor, or prior experience in music
- Experience with both Macintosh and Windows-based computers and software including Word and Excel
- Familiarity with scanning and Adobe software
- Assist library users and work assigned shift at a busy circulation desk
- Maintain the order of the library collection
- Assist library staff in preparing order records as needed by the music librarians
- Take part in a variety of projects that require data entry skills and learning to search databases
- Perform cleaning tasks and other duties as assigned
Upon completion of the online application, email Christine Thorson at email@example.com indicating that you have completed the online application and are interested in the position.
For more information about positions in the Libraries contact Library Human Resources.
For other positions at the University of Tennessee Knoxville contact University Human Resources.