In appointing new members, a balance should be sought which reflects a broad representation of UT Libraries' faculty, staff, and branches, as well as representatives from various campus units.
- Members will be appointed by the Dean in consultation with the
- Committee appointments will be made on the academic calendar.
- Committee appointments will be for a minimum of two years.
- Unexpired terms will be filled as needed.
- Terms will be staggered until approximately one half of the
membership rotates off each year, excluding ex officio members.
Procedures for Membership Selection
A call for volunteers will be made each summer. The committee will review and make recommendations to the Dean to fill all vacancies. New members will join the committee as soon as they are appointed. Members who will be rotating off of the committee will serve until August 15th to provide some transition and overlap.
Adopted by the UT Libraries Diversity Committee May 16, 2002.
Revised 2004, 2006, 2009, 2012
Comments & Suggestions
E-mail the Diversity Committee
Page last updated:
July 10, 2012