Goals & Progress
LIBRARY STAFF ENRICHMENT
Provide a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive work environment
for library staff by sponsoring educational and training opportunities
and other activities.
- Create opportunities for staff to learn about diversity-related
issues and topics.
- Offer programs that will address the Libraries’ services
to individuals with disabilities.
- Create a “Getting to Know You” series for library
staff to encourage discussion of individual differences and develop
an attitude of learning from others.
- Continue the brown-bag series on different cultures.
- Provide opportunities for social interaction and communication.
- Continue to sponsor the Libraries’ recognition program
for library student workers.
OUTREACH & COLLABORATION
Provide educational opportunities by creating collaborations within
the Libraries and throughout the University.
- Support and contribute to the 2005 University-wide action plan
to enhance diversity and UT’s International and Intercultural
- Refine the resource file on diversity-related programs on campus
and in the community, and develop and strengthen partnerships
with these groups and programs.
- Develop library resource guides on diversity topics and themes.
- Continue to develop the Libraries’ Culture Corner as
a way to promote the Libraries’ rich and diverse collections.
- Utilize various publicity venues to share the Libraries’
diversity initiatives, educate and communicate.
Participate in professional development activities to educate Committee
members as well as share the Libraries’ diversity initiatives
with the library profession.
- Explore ways to educate ourselves as Committee members, taking
advantage of educational opportunities on campus and in the community.
- Attend and participate in conferences such as the Tennessee
Library Association conference and the Association of College
& Research Libraries national conference.
- Share with the library profession via publication.
Assist the Libraries and the library profession in recruiting and
retaining a diverse workforce.
- Continue to participate in the administration of the Libraries’
Diversity Librarian Residency Program.
- Further explore collaborations and partnerships with UT’s
School of Information Sciences.
Goals 2001-2002 can be found in the minutes
of the May 17, 2001 meeting.
2008-2009 Annual Report
2007-2008 Annual Report
2006-2007 Annual Report
2005-2006 Annual Report
2003-2004 Annual Report
2002-2003 Annual Report