Appalachian: The Cherokee A Select Bibliography of Music Materials in Book, Compact Disc, and Audiostreaming Formats
All physical items are located in the George F. DeVine Music Library.
- The Smithsonian Global Sound database may be accessed from the UT Libraries database page. See the Library’s web page at http://www.lib.utk.edu/music/ for hours and circulation policies.
- Hitchcock, H. Wiley, and Stanley Sadie . The New Grove Dictionary of American Music. New York: Grove’s Dictionaries of Music Inc.,. ML101.U6N48 1986b v.1 (in Music Reference)
- Koskoff, Ellen, ed.  The Garland Encyclopedia of World Music, Volume 3: The United States and Canada. New York: Garland, ML100.G16 1998 v.3 (in Music Reference)
- Keeling, Richard. North American Indian Music: A Guide to Published Sources and Selected Recordings. New York: Garland Publishing, Inc.,. ML128.F75K44 1997 (in Music Reference)
- Sharp, J. Ed, ed.  Cherokee Psalms: A Collection of Hymns in the Cherokee Language. Cherokee, NC: Cherokee Publications,. BV510.C355C44 1991
- Creation’s Journey: Native American Music. Smithsonian Folkways Recordings SF40410. CD 6694
- Cry From the Earth. Smithsonian Folkways Recordings F-37777. CD 8447 [Contents include: Lullaby (Cherokee)]
- Heartbeat: Voices of First Nations Women. Smithsonian Folkways Recording SF CD 40415. CD 6800
- Songs and Dances of the Eastern Indians From Medicine Spring and Allegany. New World Records 80337-2. M1669.S628 1993
- Songs of Earth, Water, Fire, and Sky: Music of the American Indian. New World Records 80246-2. M1669.S65 199. Contents include: Stomp Dance (Cherokee)
Created By Chris Durman
Music Librarian for Public Services