Fall 2012 – Life of the Mind:
The Accidental Asian: Notes of a Native Speaker
To support the 2012 Life of the Mind selection The Accidental Asian, a thematic memoir that challenges readers to consider identity as something both accidental (coming from family and other peoples’ expectations) and intentional (created and/or adopted by one’s own choosing), the Diversity Committee presents library resources on the issues surrounding ethnic identity.
- Becoming American?: The Forging of Arab and Muslim Identity in Pluralist America (E184.A65 H325 2011)
- Gondar’s Child: Songs, Honor and Identity Among Ethiopian Jews in Israe (DS113.8.F34 H47 2012) l
- The Native American Identity in Sports: Creating and Preserving a Culture (E98.G2 N37 2013)
- Russia’s Identity in International Relations: Images, Perceptions, Misperceptions (DK510.764 .R883 2013)
- When Half is Whole: Multiethnic Asian American Identities (E184.A75 M87 2012)