Submit your art for the Student Art in the Library Exhibit!
First Prize of $300
Second Prize of $150
Third Prize of $75
People’s Choice of $50
The Mercury Award will be featured in the Knoxville Mercury and win $25 and a gift bag.
Selected two-dimensional works (drawings, graphic design, prints, photography, painting) will be on display in the exhibit area in the PAUL M. & MARION T. MILES READING ROOM 135 Hodges during the spring semester. The contest is open to all currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students, in any discipline.
Please read the guidelines for submission here: http://www.lib.utk.edu/artinlibrary/art-library-guidelines-submission/
- Oct. 9 submission deadline midnight (Limit three entries per artist)
- Oct. 10-16 committee will review art online and make selections (selected artists are notified by email)
- Oct. 20 deadline to bring in selected art to Hodges Library second floor service desk
- Oct. 21 mount the exhibit
- Oct. 24: 4:00 opening reception and award ceremony.
UT Libraries will display selected art until Dec. 2nd. Once dismounted the art may be collected at the Hodges Library second floor service desk.
Accepted art is expected to be available for the entire exhibit.