UT Libraries: Article or Chapter Scan on Demand
Don’t have time to go to the library and copy articles you need? We will scan print and microform materials and deliver as PDFs to your email account. All UTK faculty, students, and staff may use this service at no charge.
Need to borrow a book or some other library material? Use our Library Express services, which can allows you schedule a loan for delivery/pickup or submit a scan on demand request.
How it works
A full visual tutorial can be found here.
- Log in with your NetID and Password using the Off Campus Users: Sign In link on the library home page.
- Find the material you want using OneSearch: UT Collections.
- Display the Item information and click on the Get it link.
- Provide page numbers and at least the beginning phrase of the article/chapter title.
- Scannable collections include Hodges Stacks books & journals, all AgVetMed print, and all Storage print and microforms. We currently do not offer this service from the Music Library.
- Allow 1-2 business days for delivery (M-F).
- Some limits apply.
What we can scan:
- Book chapters
- Journal articles
- Newspaper articles and documents in microformats
- Tables of Contents & Indexes
- Any other selected pages
What we can’t scan:
- Hodges Reserve
- Hodges Reference, Special Collections, and other non-circulating collections
- Entire works, either as a single or as multiple orders
- Massive Orders. If you need a lot of scans, contact Hodges Library Express or the AgVetMed Library to negotiate options.