About the Pendergrass Library Institutional Arrangement with PeerJ
We have established an Institutional Arrangement with PeerJ. This arrangement prepays the cost ($199) of a basic publishing plan when an article is submitted to PeerJ. This membership entitles you to publish one article per year without any additional cost. Each author (up to the first 12) needs their own membership to publish with PeerJ. For more information, see PeerJ’s “How It Works” page.
- To obtain a membership through UT’s institutional arrangement, every author must submit an individual application. One application will not cover multiple authors.
- The institutional plan is only for UT Knoxville authors who also have full faculty status.
- To publish in PeerJ, all authors on the manuscript must have purchased publishing plans with PeerJor pay an APC of $695.
- PeerJ asks every author to contribute one question, comment, or peer review every 12 months or risk their publishing plan lapsing due to inactivity.
How to Apply
Before submitting the article to PeerJ, fill out the form below. Once approved, we will send you a code that will entitle you to a basic publishing plan, that will allow you to publish a peer-reviewed article for free each year.
The Webster C. Pendergrass Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine Library serves the University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture (UTIA). Pendergrass is a branch library at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, a land-grant university. Pendergrass supports innovative publishing platforms that disseminate the results of research and scholarly activity broadly and with as few access barriers as possible.
- Contact Peter Fernandez for assistance, comments, or questions: (865) 974-2886 or email@example.com
- Learn about scholarly communication and open access at the University of Tennessee: Scholarly Communication page
- Learn more about PeerJ resources for UT affiliates with the LibGuide.
- Visit the PeerJ website.